Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Im goin canada on an IEC visa for 12 months and it tells me to get healthcare with travel insurance be the sam?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Im goin canada on an IEC visa for 12 months and it tells me to get healthcare with travel insurance be the sam?

Postby farold » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:43 pm

You can get some travel insurance that covers health care but not all policies do. You have to read the policy to see what it does cover. You can also purchase health insurance separately through blue cross or some other health insurance company. You will not be covered under our health insurance so it is a good idea to have coverage before you come
farold

Postby barrlow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Travel insurance is for your flight and hotels. Health insurance is for you. While on your IEC you are not covered by Canada's health insurance plan for any services you may need.
Check the policies you can get combined packages but read the details you are looking for health care and something that helps you get back home.
Enjoy your adventure.
barrlow

Return to Travel Insurance