Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Gerber Life Grow Up Plan? Any Other Life Insurance?

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

Postby Florent » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Hello ok I am totally new to this whole life insurance dealio. I was looking into getting the Gerber Life Grow Up Plan for my 4 year old but when I had signed up for info they sent me all the brochures and materials and the application of course. But what I am curious about is the beneficiary part. Maybe I may have it confused with something else but shouldnt my daughter be the beneficiary and not myself because if something were to happen to ME, i would want my daughter to be the one left with money. That's pretty much the confusing part. Like I said, I am new to this. I was never taught this or anything growing up so I want to provide financial security/help to my daughter in the event that I pass away or anything like that.

Also, are there any other good insurance companies that can be recommended? Thank You :)
Florent

Postby Leachlainn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:31 pm

The Gerber plan is to pay you if your daughter dies. It does not provide money should you die. Do not send in the application as it is a waste of money.

You'll need to get a policy on yourself, and if you really want a small burial policy for your daughter you can get a rider on your policy. There are dozens of very good companies. Find a local agent that works with some of the major companies in your state for assistance. The agent can help you find the best policy and there is no extra charge.
Leachlainn

Postby Aekerman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:00 am

Life insurance is to cover working parents, not babies and toddlers. The Gerber Life plan is a complete scam that takes advantage of desperate or ignorant people.

Life insurance helps your family should the family bread winner die so the family will not be destitute. If you are worried about the expense of a funeral should your child die before 18, you are much better off saving money yourself.
Aekerman

Postby Saewald » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Pure WASTE of your money. Cancel it.

it is a life insurance on DAughter NOT u.

u are beneficiary.

u need to study Total money make over,

Dave Ramsey to learn from others dumb

mistakes, not your own.
Saewald

Postby Dariell » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Jusr about any other company will offer a better policy at a lower premium. Check out Foresters, Cokumbian, and Mutual of Omaha
Dariell

Postby forester » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:46 pm

If something were to happen to you, your daughter would not be left with any money, because no one would.
The Gerber Grow Up plan only leaves someone money if the child dies.
If only the adult dies, then it does not leave any money.
forester

Postby Farnly » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 am

Child life insurance is a major ripoff.

The BENEFICIARY, is the person who gets the money, if your daughter DIES.
If you want insurance to pay your daughter if YOU die, then you need to get insurance on YOUR life, not your daughter's.

Your daughter can't get ANYTHING if she's dead.
And children rarely die.

Since what's available differs by state, your best bet is to talk to a local, independent agent, who can give you some guidance.
Farnly

Return to Funeral Insurance