Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

My Friend Got Into A Car Accident With My Car. How Much Damage Will The To Me As The Only Insurer?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

My Friend Got Into A Car Accident With My Car. How Much Damage Will The To Me As The Only Insurer?

Postby Dicky » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm

To add I'm 23 and the repairs that was done to my car was 3grand and some change where I paid a deductible of 2grand. I have no info about the other party though about the repairs. But my insurance said that in the state of NJ eventhough the driver was not behind the wheel they are still liable about any damages done.
Dicky

Postby Herald » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm

There is no such thing as nobody at fault in an accident, and no-fault insurance doesn't change that.

However, I don't understand how YOU can be at fault if you weren't driving, it is either the other driver, or your friend, or part and part.

Understand, the police report, and the insurance decisions aren't necessarily the same.
Insurance companies have their own point systems.

That being said, you are, of course, responsible for your deductible.
I don't know why your rate should go up, if it does, they should be giving you an explanation.
Herald

Return to Car Insurance