Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Am I eligible for California Unemployment Insurance Benefit if I had only worked for 2 months?

Unemployment Insurance and Employment Discussion

Am I eligible for California Unemployment Insurance Benefit if I had only worked for 2 months?

Postby hastiin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:43 pm

I worked at this company for 2 months and got laid off. I want to see if I'm qualify for unemployment? How many weeks am I allow to collect when I only worked for 2 months?

Thank you!
hastiin

Postby manus69 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:44 pm

you can't collect anything after working for only 2 months
manus69

Postby dasco » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:50 pm

It depends if you worked at a different job before the 2 month job. Call EDD.
dasco

Postby marschall74 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:08 pm

You needed a t least one quarter worth of credits (3 months). Reason why many companies have a 90 day probationary period. If you get laid off before the 3 months are up you won't cost them any money.
marschall74

Postby galen21 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:13 pm

You are not eligible until the second or third quarter after the calendar quarter in which you first worked. For example, if you began work in October or November, then you are not eligible until April or June.

You also must either (a) have made $1300 in any one calendar quarter (not including the one when you apply or the one before that) or (b) have made $900 in one calendar quarter (not including the one when you apply or the one before that) and made 1 1/2 times as much altogether during the four quarters that they consider as you did in whichever quarter was when you made the most.

You do not have to work any specific amount of time. In theory, even if you worked only one day, if you made enough money and you wait long enough to apply, then you can get unemployment.
galen21

Postby ruben » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Longer than 8 weeks in a certain time frame. Here is the web page for the EDD with answers
ruben

Postby chinua » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:24 pm

If you had no prior employment, no. If you DO have prior employment, it will depend on how long the gap in employment is, and how long you were employed.
chinua

Return to Unemployment Insurance