Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Doi Have To Provide Cell Phone And Car Insurance?

Home & Contents Insurance Discussion

Postby Erramun » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:20 am

I live in georgia. My wife has asked for a divorce and has asked me to move out. We have two boys 1 and 3. I'm trying to settle things and save our marriage which prob will not happen. My ? Is...do I have to furnish her with cell phone service (in my name) and car insurance? We are both on title for car, I don't mind if I must as long as the bill is split equally...but am I required to provide her with cell phone services if she indeed wants to divorce and the phones are in my name? She has a home phone which she can conduct her business with....no money for lawyer but I'm not going to give her cell service if its what she wants?
Erramun

Postby bofind » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:22 pm

You know there are several discounts you can apply? Find the best promotions for you at: QUOTESDEAL.NET
bofind

Postby Zak » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm

I would recommend you to visit this web site where onel can compare rates from different companies: http://INSUREQUOTE.INFO/index.html?src=2...

RE :Doi have to provide cell phone and car insurance?

I live in georgia. My wife has asked for a divorce and has asked me to move out. We have two boys 1 and 3. I'm trying to settle things and save our marriage which prob will not happen. My ? Is...do I have to furnish her with cell phone service (in my name) and car insurance? We are both on title for car, I don't mind if I must as long as the bill is split equally...but am I required to provide her with cell phone services if she indeed wants to divorce and the phones are in my name? She has a home phone which she can conduct her business with....no money for lawyer but I'm not going to give her cell service if its what she wants?

Follow 9 answers
Zak

Postby Jasper » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 am

Try https://tr.im/xyRXY
Jasper

Postby bordin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 am

Compare insuran ce quotes
bordin

Postby Donnchadh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:32 am

Car insurance; if you are on title then your license is at risk if insurance on car is dropped in GA and you may be at risk from lender on any car loan too.
Cell is another matter.
Generally not unless specified in divorce or separation agreement.
Your cell provider contract may require you to maintain the same number of lines - ask them.
If that is the case she may as well have use of one.
If not I suggest a Trac phone or straight talk or Virgin Mobile depending ion what works in your area.
Trac can be as little as $10 for phone and a few min talk or text.
Do ask her to go to counseling and make it clear that you want to remain involved in your sons lives if you do.
Divorce forms are available at www.legalzoom.com, some office depots, some WallMarts.
Worth the price of an hour lawyer time at least to have form looked at and be sure you are not in a position to loose your tail or your kids.
On the other hand since you do not really want the divorce let her figure out how to pay for it but have a lawyer at least look at anything she gives you to sign.
Keep a careful record of all child support (use checks or money orders), all times you visit your sons, etc.
Also talk with GA legal services re whether you need to move out on request.
That is especially true if you are buying the home.
Do not let her provoke you to hollering (verbal fight loud enough to be heard by neighbors), threats, or physical action.
GA is now very reactive to any possible form of "abuse" and more than one woman has claimed abuse to get what she wanted or be vengeful since any abuse even verbal abuse now can lead to jail time mandatory (72 hrs in many jurisdictions) If she is in anything like that kind of mood keep meetings and visits with your sons in a public place or with a relative of your like maybe grandma present.
Donnchadh

Postby Durand » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm

At this site you can compare free quotes http://PROTECTIONQUOTING.NET/obydzLG153

RE Doi have to provide cell phone and car insurance?

Durand

Return to Home Insurance