Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I Am Disabled I Currently Get All Benefits My Question Is Could I Run A Rabbit Rescue ?

Insurance for your furry friends

I Am Disabled I Currently Get All Benefits My Question Is Could I Run A Rabbit Rescue ?

Postby chinua » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:32 am

It all depends on whether you are accepting money for your rescue, which you will have to unless you have a bottomless pocket.

Running a rescue and accepting money is classed as a business, and working from home.

If you have a regular income from your business, yes it will effect any disability money as you are classing yourself as fit to work.

You will have to rely on donations and money from your customers to keep your business going to feed and house and neuter your rescues.

I am curious to know what you disability is as you do not say. This is because running a rescue can be a demanding and very active role.

You will not only have to clean out and groom the rabbits but you will also have to be able to get them to and from the vet if needs be and treat them for ailments under veterinary supervision.

I would also like to add that i despise anybody that slags off a disabled person without knowing the facts of their disability and lifestyle as someone as done above.

I think it is great that you are trying to get on with your life and contribute to work. Some people would rather milk the government for their money.

Also rescues do not usually make a profit but do it for the love of the animals, so looking at your benefits is a good idea as i can see that you may loose out on useful money whilst enjoying your hobby.

go to business link to find out what you would have to do to set up a business, what insurances you will need and how to plan your business. email me if you have any more questions.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1073858805
chinua

Postby Gormley » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

I think all that is required for rescue is knowledge and enough money in the bank to cope with unexpected vet fees. You could contact the Rabbit Council and find out if there is any legislation.

We used to do greyhound rescue and never actually ran it as a charity as the paperwork was frightening and we weren't on that level. If you limit the numbers and pay out of your own pocket I see no reason why not benefits wise.

the very best of luck with it, I've always wanted to do rabbit rescue.
Gormley

Postby hannraoi98 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:19 am

People like you make me sick. GET A JOB. If you have the time and money to do that ... should you be 'claiming benefit' .... seriously?! Am I the only one to see what's wrong there!???
hannraoi98

Postby donnel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 am

No offence, but if you're capable of caring for pet rabbits are seriously think you can open/run a rabbit rescue (which means tons more rabbits), you are capable of getting a job. Cleaning out rabbits obviously means physical work and if you can do that, how disabled are you, really? It's just common sense.
donnel

Postby Annawan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am

yh that great i kinda do that sept i keep all the rabbit we get because i become to attacked to them
Annawan

Postby Raynor » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am

If you are on SSI or SSD yes you can run a rabbit rescue as long as it does not make any money/income for you. You wold not be able to accept cash donations or anything like that.
Raynor

Postby Laochailan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 am

i think of 'rescuing' a rabbit for intake and breeding rabbits for intake are 2 various issues. the adaptation being the settlement. once you undertake an animal, you sign a settlement announcing there will be no breeding of it, and distinctive different issues. i think of this could be breaking the settlement, whether 'intake' became no longer especially suggested on it. i think of it is greater of a ethical count (your observe being binding and such). in case you purchased a rabbit from someplace the place they did no longer require a settlement and did no longer have a 'puppy purely' sign in, than i think of it could be high quality. it style of feels strange, because of the fact we see it as a puppy, yet I dont see something incorrect with it. it style of sounds like it could a fit option than procuring rabbit meat from a butcher or something the place you dont comprehend how wholesome they have been while they have been being raised. i take advantage of this same good judgment for people who breed their own snake food (rats, mice, in spite of they use). manage the animal humanely properly residing. do no longer overbreed. Use suited cage and bedding. unquestionably, manage the animal the form you are able to manage a puppy, interior a similar humane way, till butchering time. it is amazingly controversial, yet I dont think of it is incorrect.
Laochailan

Postby Burel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 pm

It shouldnt mess your benefits up. As long as you get the proper paper work, and run a non profit rescue. That means all your adoption fees go toward caring for the rabbits. I would check with your attorney first. Good Luck! Its great that thats what you want to spend your time and effort on!
Burel

Postby Galaway » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:17 am

really dont mean to sound nasty, but if you are capable of cleaning out multiple rabbits cages, you are perfectly capable of finding real work and just doing this as a hobby. my husband works 2 jobs to keep us going, while i bring up our 2 young daughters, and its sickening to think someone who can easily take good care of animals, which need daily cleans etc, says they are disabled and unable to work, surely you could find some sort of work, be it telesales or whatever. theres a job out there for everyone if you just look hard enough.

at the end of the day its up to you, but i have to say, if i saw my neighbour out cleaning out rabbits, sorting them and what not, and knew they were on benefits, id shop them in for benefit fraud. in respect to the affecting your benefits, as long as you take no money from doing the rescue, i dont see why it could affect them. it would be lovely to be able to do this, but think about the big picture, if you're taking in rescue rabbits, and they need vet attention for example, the way you would be paying for the vets is by using your benefits money. good luck in whatever you choose to do, im sure if you decide to do this, there will be some very lucky and appreciative bunnies out there!
Galaway

Return to Pet Insurance