Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Disability Insurance Question?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Postby Evyn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:28 am

Does a disability insurance company have some sort of time limit to make a decision on a clam. I'm switching over from short term to long term disability. But it's been over eight months of one thing after another. They ran out of excuses to give to me why they are still reviewing the claim. Now they simply say we haven't made our decision. i'm getting to a point where i'm going to get a lawyer. BUt i don't want to because i will have to pay the lawyer a percentage of my claim. Is there some sort of state law to protect a person against insurance companies stalling on a claim. THis is crazy.
Evyn

Postby delmer36 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:31 am

Last time this site helped me in finding best insurance quotes

www.insurance-quotes-offers. info

Free quotes and instant application and approval facility.
delmer36

Postby Devoss » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 pm

I would contact your state's insurance commissioner's office. It is their job to help you with this. Only consider getting an attorney if you don't get results from their efforts.
Devoss

Postby Balgair » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 am

look in the government section of your phone book for you state insurance complaint hot line or the insurance commissioners office.

call and tell them your story they will investigate free of charge.

sometimes just mentioning to the insurance companu that you are going to call the commissioner will have surprisingly fast results in setteling your claim. The commissioner is the police force for insurance companies and agents, trust me no one wants to hear that the commish wants to talk to them. they have the power to shut down a company and revoke liscences in addition to fines and in extreme cases criminal charges
Balgair

Postby Early » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:18 am

What is the nature of your disability?
Early

Postby Kwahu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Before you get a lawyer, you need to file a complaint with the state insurance commissioner.

They need to tell you, IN WRITING, why they can't decide if you're disabled or not.
Kwahu

Return to Disability Insurance