Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

2 Different Insurance Policies On 1 Car By The Same Person?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

Postby Darneil » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:37 am

Hey, I'd like to know if it's possible to have 2 different insurance policies on the same car by the same person (Myself). First one being just normal "Social, domestic and pleasure policy" for everyday driving, and a second one being "Business use: Class 1" to cover me while I'm at work (Delivery Driver). I've already found one insurer who offers Business Insurance for a good price, but didn't buy it yet, as I'm not sure whether it is legal or not. Thanks.
Darneil

Postby Dearan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Simple answer, not legal. Add business insurance to your current policy or switch to the new one.
Dearan

Postby lakeland » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Hello

No 1 car 1 Policy by law.

Main Driver must be the Policy Holder

You can only use your NCB on 1 car

Check with the one who offered it to you at a good price, I bet he thinks you mean Social/Domestic & Business use with your current NCB.

Andy C
lakeland

Postby Tamtun » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:39 am

No it is not legal. As well as the use insurance you also have theft and fire cover on both policies and you cannot have them twice.

You need a policy which can have business use included with the social, domestic etc and this will be considerably cheaper too.

You should be able to get business use added to the policy you already have, if not you will have to cancel it and take out a new single policy to cover all of your needs.
Tamtun

Postby Callahan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:26 pm

No.
Insurance companies do not permit this to avoid attempts at multiple claims on one vehicle.
Shouldn't be necessary either, as business policies normally also allow "social, domestic and pleasure" use as standard.
Check though.
Callahan

Postby Pearson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 pm

No - one car, one insurance policy. If you need to add an extra element, you just contact your insurer and get a quote for it. It would probably be a stupid idea even if you could get two policies - one policy covering bother personal and business would be a lot cheaper than two separate policies.
Pearson

Return to Business Insurance