Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Diagnosis For My Chronic Heel Pain?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Erc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:07 pm

The pain initially began about 5 years ago (I'm 20 now) while skateboarding and attempting to ollie 7 stairs, and bashing on my heel over and over again. It was mostly manageable, until perhaps a year later when hopping a fence that was a longer drop on the other side I didn't know about.

That pain was absolutely horrid. I iced it for a little after and couldn't walk for days. Started to see a physical therapist who would do ice massage/other crap but ended up stopping due to an insurance issue.

Now here I am, years later, still experiencing chronic pain. I'm an avid skateboarder, hiker, and exerciser. The pain is constant, but intermittently varies. I've noted it's the worst when I hike with a heavy pack, and constantly heel strike. I've also noted the pain seems to be worse when I wear tighter fitting shoes that wrap around my heel. The pain originates in the heel but seems to radiate up the achilles.

I've attempted looking up what could be wrong. I don't feel it's plantar fasciitis, or a heel spur, or anything that's caused "chronically" cause although the pain is that way my left heel is absolutely fine. The only thing that sounds right to me would be a heel bruise (fat pad contusion) that just never healed right. But i've "stayed off it" for long periods of time and it's never gone away. I don't want this to mess with my life and activities permanently, as it has seemed to be getting lately the more hiking I do. To be honest, one of the best things seems to be rolling barefoot or in fivefinger shoes.. but I'm even uncertain about that.

Any help on exactly what's up with my heel? And what I can do about it?
Erc

Postby Heathley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

You might have a bone injury or it could be a nerve. Have you ever considered going to a chiropractor? If it is a nerve issue, it can be fixed. And even if it isn't a nerve issue, a chiropractor should at least be able to give you some guess as to what it could be and going to see one would rule out one possible cause.
Heathley

Postby Azariahu » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 am

Forget the five fingers, just go barefoot.
Azariahu

Postby Sigismund » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 pm

To add, I got it x-rayed right after the injury and it came back negative. So either they screwed it up or it was just cartilage/fat pad/whatever else other than bone damage.

I'm currently seeing the doctor for two separate injuries that are actually more pressing than this one. Sucks to be 20 and this jacked up, but I promise I do not complain for no reason. So it's rather hard for me to take up the process of investigating a 3rd injury.
Sigismund

Return to Life Insurance