Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

My Dad Won't Get Me Braces, How Can I Make Him?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Garsone » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:51 am

I am 17, and living with my mother. She doesn't even make 9,000 a year so she really can't afford braces. My dad on the other hand makes a lot of money, around 130,000 a year. He never has helped me through out my life. He pays 400 a month in child support and thats it. He's so cheap he doesn't even provide health insurance, and he's actually suppose to.

He knows how bad my teeth are, but he's too selfish to pay for braces. I have never had any friends because I'm so insecure and have a huge ugly gap inbetween my teeth. He knows full well I need them!

Is there any way I can do something so I can have the right to have straight teeth and be confident for once or even get health insurance.
Garsone

Postby Muata » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 am

Yea I too am a little concerned that you know 1. how much your father pays in child support, 2. how much your mother makes yearly, and 3. how much your father makes yearly. I am 25 and even I don't know any of those things about my parents. So while I think you're making all that up, it still goes to show that I think your dad needs to pay for your braces. I'm going to forget everything else you said, and just go with he's your dad - he made you, now he has to support you, and braces are part of that package. If you can arrange to see a dentist to confirm you actually need them (get it in writing) you can show him the proof. Coming from you, it probably doesn't have much credibility from coming from a professional, it would be unwise of him to ignore it.
Muata

Postby Beldane » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:52 am

And who told you that he only pays $400 a month? Since the state does an automatic review every three years, and adjust the amount accordingly, he is either paying far more and your mother is lying to you, or your are fabricating this using your brand new created account to bash fathers with your ranting.
Beldane

Postby Price » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm

You don't.
Get a job and start saving for them.
Price

Postby Waed » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am

Just talk to him and bring it up random in a conversation
Waed

Postby Cormic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:15 pm

just ask your Mom to ask the court to get him to pay. It can be drawn up in court.
Cormic

Postby Peirce » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Seems like you need closure more than braces. I would try talking to him about how you feel,why what he does bothers you, and that he scares you. Make him feel sympathetic and sorry for his actions.
Peirce

Return to Life Insurance