Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I am curious on other people pregnancy experiences while in college?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby aviya » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 pm

My husband and I are both 25, we always talk about having kids. Unfortunately we both know that we are not at the point in our life to have any. He is still in school for medical biology and I am the only one that works full time all year round. He works part time during school and full time in the summer, along with also earning gi bill housing allowance for the school semester.

How has other people deal with situations not exactly like ours but similar? If we were to discuss doing this maybe in a year or two, any best advice? Right now we know its not a stable situation so we are waiting until we are little bit more settled, but its nice to know other peoples opinions and experiences.

Please no negative comments.
aviya

Postby aliz20 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Personally, I would wait until he finishes his degree and has a good job with health insurance. For each class in college, for each hour in class, he needs to study two hours outside of class. That's really hard to do when the baby is waking you both up every two hours for months on end.

Instead, I would have him think about not working in the summer but instead, if you can both swing it, for him to take summer classes. That way, he can finish up his degree sooner and then you can get on with your lives. Think of it this way: if he can take a full load during summer, he might be able to finish college in three years instead of four.

Thank you for waiting until you're ready to have children.
aliz20

Postby sabino » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 pm

a child is a life commitment. best advice to be prepare financially and mentally to support the child. you would not want to be unfair to your child if you are not prepared or could not afford to have enough money to fund the child for education, adequate nutrition and preschool education.

with the world now flat, we are facing competition from international worker coming from everywhere in the world, it is not longer about competing with fellow native citizens but also overseas worker. It is best to provide sufficient for the child to prevent the child from losing out.

ever thought about if the is unwell or mentally challenged? this will require commitment, time and money to support the child. you need health insurance and also life insurance in the event that either parents are not around to support the child.
sabino

Return to Life Insurance