Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Could You Help Me Calculate Payroll Taxes In Nj?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Postby Coolie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Lets say someone makes 500 gross a week and is getting paid every 2 weeks. What would the payroll deductions be for a married person claiming 2 deductions? What are the taxes an employee pays? What are the taxes the employer pays? I am looking for itemized calulations of both federal and state (NJ) taxes.

Thank you for your time.
Coolie

Postby Kimble » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 am

Google paycheck calculator.
Kimble

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 am

For federal payroll taxes, the employer must match your social security and medicare withholdings.
The employer must also pay federal unemployment tax of 1.2% of the first $7K of your earnings (that is double the regular rate, as NJ is one of the states which had received extra federal unemployment funds).

Employers must also make contributions the the NJ state unemployment and disability funds, in addition to the amounts withheld from employee's pay for those taxes.
Its impossible to determine the employer amount, as the rates vary widely by company and industry.
Those companies and industries with high unemployment and disability risk and/or claims will pay more than low risk/claims companies.

The employer, however, does not pay a portion of the NJ Family Leave Insurance.
Enzo

Return to Disability Insurance