Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Cost of Tubal Ligation Reversal.?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby farrell » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 am

Im wanting a tubal ligation reversal and I have private health insurance, but am wondering what the cost is to have it done? And if so, are you able to claim anything back from medicare?
farrell

Postby eames » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 am

When my aunt wanted to reverse her tubal ligation she was told it would cost about $10,000 USD. She was also told that it was considered an elective surgery and would NOT be covered by her health insurance... she would have had to pay the entire cost out of pocket.

I believe almost all insurances (including medicare) will consider it to be elective and won't cover any of the costs associated with the surgery. But the only way to be sure whether it will or will not be covered is to call your insurance (or doctor) and ask.
eames

Postby lyman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

"Some insurance companies may cover part of the cost of tubal ligation "Blue Cross and Blue Shields" use to be one of them, You would pay for the TR and they would send you a dismemberment check in the mail, I also had a Tubal Ligation Reversal Surgery, Dr.Berger in Chapel Hill North Carolina done mine, It was 5,900 paid in full. I went in that morning and was back home by 2:00pm I had no pain at all and I got pregnant four months after my TR, I had three TR children ages. The operation gave all women no matter what tubal ligation you had done a 90% chance, Here is the link to our board, We are thee Tubal Reversal Sister's. https://www.facebook.com/groups/20139377128/ You will find women who are trying to have a tubal reversal and women who already had a tubal reversal and are trying to get pregnant, You can post any questions you mat have or if you just want emotional support through the whole process of planning for the TR and a baby we are there for you. Here is the link about insurance companies on tubal reversal's,

Women from all around the world come to Chapel Hill Tubal reversal Center of NC, I was blessed to live 40 minutes away from the clinic, If you have any other questions please send me an e-mail. I would be glad to help you with anything.

Here is the link to the message board concerning the insurance, I found out through my insurance just I paid Dr.Berger in full and then afterwards, I went through the itemized bill and called claims dept with the codes, I was send a check for 3500 dollars, I was ecstatic! http://www.tubal-reversal.net/tubal-reversal-insurance2.htm
lyman

Return to Health & Medical Insurance