Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Cost of living in curacao?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby wickley » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:36 am

Hi

I have been offered a job in curacao.
Infomation is very scarce about life on the island.
I have been offered a starting salery of 5000nafl after tax
i have a wife and son(3 yrs old).
i need to factor in things like
accommadation
schooling for my son
food
utilities
transport(probably a scooter/motorcycle)
Health insurance
any other things that i may not have thought about!

any info would be greatly recieved as i dont wish to hold up the process any longer.
wickley

Postby bercleah » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 am

The ONE THING that you NEED is to actually GO THERE IN PERSON and spend a week so you can find the answers to your questions. Curacau has an OIL ECONOMY because of the OIL FIELDS and everything is priced accordingly.. you do know that.. right?
bercleah

Postby brynly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 am

I live in Curacao, it depends on where you come from, for example i find Curacao to be the same prices in groceries as in the USA, but here we have products from south america, US and europe so you can choose, education, our education is at the same standard as the european ( dutch) so in kindergarten and primary school, your kid will have a higher education for languages ( almost everyone on the island speak 3 languages fluently) and math etc. but public school are poor and old. You will need to get a car as it is hot and dangerous to drive a motorcycle.Health insurance can be provided by your company. Housing is about 2000 for a descent house, anything you need to know let me know, Bon bini, is welcome .
brynly

Postby chizkia57 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:55 am

It depends on the standard of living you want to set for your family. To me (who lived there for a few years with a lesser income and agreater family some time back), yours sounds more than an okay offer. Go for it. High quality educatio for kids may be a problem, but not a disaster of course. Bon voyage, pal.
Abhijit.
chizkia57

Postby phelps41 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 am

I think the cost of living is fairly good compared to the US...but there are also great other destinations like tobago and barbados..if you are interested in jobs there as well check
www.trinidadjob.com
phelps41

Return to Health & Medical Insurance