Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Confirmation And Catholic Questions?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Postby Russell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:06 am

1. When you get baptised, your parents make promises on your behalf, for you to worship God and be a good Catholic. But you're usually a baby for that, so when you're about eleven or twelve, you make the promises again on your own behalf(you CONFIRM what your parents said), and that's your confirmation.

2. Because otherwise you would only have your parents word that you'd be a good Christian, and you need to promise it yourself

3. Wisdom, understanding, wonder and awe, right judgement, knowledge, courage, and reverence(had to google that one lol)

4. The bishop puts oil on your head, and you agree to keep doing what God wants

5. All of them, I guess.

I think that's right anyway, lol, I haven't been to church in a while
Russell

Postby Mayir » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:03 pm

1. Confirmation means what it means you are confirming your faith and the Sacrament of Confirmation is the completion of the Sacrament of Baptism. Originally Baptism and Confirmation were one Sacrament.

2. When you are Confirmed what happens is the Holy Spirit strengthens the gifts which the individual already received at Baptism in which the individual furthers their journey into their faith by becoming a full member of the Church.

3. Understanding, Knowledge, Fortitude (Courage), Wisdom, Piety (Reverence), Council (Right Judgment), and Fear of the Lord (Wonder and Awe).

4. The Sacrament of Confirmation is administered by a Bishop, however a Priest under the authority of their Bishop can also administer the Sacrament of Confirmation.

5. There all important, because they all strengthen your relationship with God.
Mayir

Return to Disability Insurance