Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Comprehensive Car Insurance - Where To Park My Car?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby Ramsey » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:24 am

I am looking at getting Comprehensive Car Insurance, most probably from Suncorp and I have checked, I am able to get myself their insurance but I do have one question. They're closed over the weekend so I can't really ring them and ask them but on this page here:

http://www.suncorp.com.au/insurance/legal/pds-download/insurance

Under Motor Vehicle, then Premiums, Excesses, Discounts and Claim Payments Guide and choosing the latest one (http://www.suncorp.com.au/sites/default/files/Suncorp%20Motor%20PED%20Guide%2017342_13-05-11_A_HR.pdf)

It does mention on page 5:

"Address and or locality where vehicle kept: Low risk areas for a claim attract lower premiums than areas of high risk for a claim."

I understand that it may depend on the suburb and where in the suburb I live but does it matter if I have to park my car on the driveway, or because there is some many cars at the place I live, am I able to park it on the road, right outside my house for any extra cost?

Please help, I would like to order my insurance by at least Monday.
Ramsey

Postby aodh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:32 pm

for the better rate tell them the driveway
aodh

Postby Erasmo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 pm

It really depends on the insurance company.

Some will reduce the premium if the car is normally kept undercover, or if it is normally garaged.

The wording that you have pasted indicates that it is the name of the suburb that has the influence on the price, and not the specific area in which your car is parked within that suburb.

If this was a factor, it would be one of the risk factor questions you would be asked when you take out a policy.
Erasmo

Postby Suthclif » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:37 am

well monday is a holiday so I dont think ordering insurance by monday is going to happen, tuesday yes, monday no. And as far as your question you need to talk to an insurance company. A car in the locked garage in front of your house, is much more secure than sitting in the driveway, or parked on the streer.
Suthclif

Return to Car Insurance