Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Chihuahua is lethargic and shivers, tail between his legs, and will not go up or down stairs?

Insurance for your furry friends

Chihuahua is lethargic and shivers, tail between his legs, and will not go up or down stairs?

Postby bayarde52 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Tried making sure he was going to the bathroom ok, which he is. Did a body check and he doesn't seem to have pain anywhere.

I think it might be muscle strain since he will not climb up or down stairs and when I go to pick him up he seems to have trouble standing on his hind legs.

He did manage to find a fig newton last night, which is odd because I don't eat fig newtons so I'm sure he brought it in from the outside when he was out earlier that morning. I don't think anyone was over with fig newtons either seeing how none of my friends like them either :-/ But I did read that figs aren't poisonous to dogs so I'm not sure if that's it or not.

He's not whining at all or whimpering when I pick him up. He just sits and shivers a lot like he's cold. I thought that was the issue but even though I went and bought him a coat and have him wrapped up in a blanket he still shivers.

Not sure what else to do. The last time I took my other dog to the vet last week and I was charged $675 and I don't make enough money or have enough saved up to go back again. If there was pet insurance to go with my health insurance I wouldn't mind it, but it's crazy I can pay $25 to get seen when I'm sick but when my dog is sick it costs 25 times more.
bayarde52

Postby severn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, since you posted in jokes and riddles section.

There is pet insurance. http://www.trupanionpetinsurance.com/promo?pc=BNR100HPA&s=D95F6AB7-D1E5-4336-8B9E-41F94B0F5CAD

However, just like individual health insurance it won't cover things that are already wrong.
severn

Return to Pet Insurance