Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Car Searching For A Teen?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby Kol » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:12 am

I have exactly $3,000 to buy a car.

I want a 2001 Honda Civic.

Im a girl, & il be paying for my own insurance and yadda yadda.

I work at a supermarket so I dont get paid much.

So, Im kind of tight.

But

I was a honda, cause theyre good on gas,

and theyve been good in my family.

And they look pretty decent.

Or maybe a ford focus?

Whats better?

I want a 2001-2002 car.

So I have to think about how much itll be to register and to be put under my parents insurance and pay them, so does any one think its possible i can do this?

How does this whole registering the car and buying it work?

Would it be cheaper/more negotiable buying it from a dealer or from a private owner?

Id like advice as it goes.

Im 17 btw.

Oh and almost forgot: I already have a liscense plate thingy.

So advice, can I get this kind of car and register and all that.

Whos more negotiable and etc.
Kol

Postby Attewell » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 am

If you buy from a dealer:

Pros: You might be able to get a warranty (and you better unless your brother is a mechanic), so if anything goes wrong you can take it back and they will have to fix it. You might be able to make payments so you don't have to say good bye to your money. You could use your money as a down payment on an even more expensive car.

Cons: It will be more expensive to get the same car. Payments can weigh you down, especially if the car breaks down and the warranty doesn't cover it and you don't have enough money to fix it so you keep on paying monthly for a car that doesn't work.

If you buy from a private source:

Pros: It should be cheaper (talk him down!). Occasionally you can find a great deal if you are patient and look hard, (for an example if you live in a college town and college students graduate and just want to sell their car for a grand or a few hundred and fly home.) No payments!

Cons: You buy it "as is" without any warranty.

If you buy a car in one full payment you will get a title and when you register it the car is yours. If you are making payments to a bank or other financial institution then the title goes to them and you have to register it. You get the title once you pay off the loan. Some times you can get a temporary license plate (paper plate) but only for a short period of time. (Regular plates are more expensive these days.) If you don't pay your payments the bank will repossess the car and you lose your money.

As far as which car is best both Hondas and Fords aren't bad cars. Your best bet would be to buy a Haynes Service Manual or Haynes Repair Manual (these are vehicle specific) and follow the service procedures as if your life depended on it. Also learn to be easy and loving to your car. If you drive it around like a maniac you will soon see it in the mechanic's garage.
Attewell

Postby Attakullakulla » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am

Thousand dollar car is nothing but issues down the road lease a new Honda make the payments work in insurance deal out with your parents
Attakullakulla

Return to Car Insurance