Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Car insurance keeps going up despite excellent driving record?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby aisley » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:36 pm

I have had car insurance through shelter for going on 4 years.ive had no traffic tickets at all no accidents nothing ! But yet my monthly amount keeps changing.It has went from around $92 then I added a my car alarm system got a discount it went to $72 for a few months.then to $82. For the past 4 months now I got a letter saying my next payment due is $107 . That $20 dollar increase.??? I'm getting very fed up with shelter I'm a new mom and it's hard enough to pay my bills as it is

I recently got married does that change ur car insurance ? He has no license because of something that happened around 10 years ago . When i report I'm married is it going to help or hurt me?

I do not have any intentions of adding him to my policy but just was wondering if I will get a discount from being (married) now? I know most company's give discounts because they seem to think married ppl drive more safely.
aisley

Postby burket » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:40 pm

I can't believe you've had car insurance for 4 years and not received a rating chart to show how premiums are affected by traffic violations and claims and driver age.

I'd call your shelter agent and ask for an explanation of why the recent $20 monthly increase. If they can not give an intelligent answer I'd find another Shelter agent.
burket

Postby lavan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:41 pm

You have to get some new quotes from other companies. Being competitive,the rates have changed. When the lady at my former insurance asked rudely "what do you need 2 vehicles for?" , I started shopping. Then in the office I told her I was cancelling the next day. "Why???" in front of others in the waiting area, I had the last laugh when I got to say"because for the same coverage, Geico is half the price!!" and it was.
lavan

Postby callough » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

You have to get some new quotes from other companies. Being competitive,the rates have changed. When the lady at my former insurance asked rudely "what do you need 2 vehicles for?" , I started shopping. Then in the office I told her I was cancelling the next day. "Why???" in front of others in the waiting area, I had the last laugh when I got to say"because for the same coverage, Geico is half the price!!" and it was.
Contact the insurance agent and tell her/him that if your rate goes up anymore you will be shopping around for a cheaper policy.
callough

Postby birke26 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 pm

every ones rates are going up so get over it you can change to another company but after awhile it will go up to
birke26

Postby arlan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Being married should help your rates. If not, shop around.
arlan

Return to Car Insurance