Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can I Go To The Doctor Without Health Insurance?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Buckly » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 pm

So I was born with a heart condition and for most of my life it hasn't been a problem since I had surgery as a baby. But now (age 22) I've been having signs of my heart condition such as high blood pressure and it really has me concerned. I applied for health insurance at work but I have no idea when it goes into effect. So I was wondering if I can still go see a doctor as long as I'm willing to pay the full medical bill myself?
Buckly

Postby Clift » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 am

Sure can, Call and see if the doctor will take a cash patient(most do), you will be expected to pay before services(that day). Most will give a 10-20% discount for not having to deal with insurance.
Clift

Postby Lancelin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 pm

You can find a medical clinic and pay cash anywhere while waiting for health plan at work. Google medical clinics + your town and there are many, some run by the county are cheaper, or a hospital clinic or university medical clinic.

You should apply for SSDI for that disabling condition since you had it before you were age 22. After 24 months you will be enrolled in Medicare.

Ask someone at your HR Dept what the waiting period is to get covered for their health plan.
Lancelin

Return to Life Insurance