Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can someone please help me? I'm desperate.?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby gill75 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:43 pm

I've been on a birth control pill for about five months now. I had unprotected sex many many times this month. I'm expecting my period next week, but I've had spotting for about three days now, and my breasts are insanely tender, and I've also had cramping. Usually, before my period, I NEVER spot or cramp. This is completely out of the ordinary for me. I currently do not have health insurrance, so going to the doctor isn't an option exactly, just yet. What should I do to determine if I'm pregnant or not? Can I take a test now, before my period and have accurate results?

& Yes, I plan on getting health insurance SOON, especially IF I am pregnant. I have to wait on the Hubby's work to pull through there.
gill75

Postby clementius » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:46 pm

If you are on birth control pills, and you take them correctly every day, and don't miss pills. then your sex is protected. the pill is 99 % effective. there always is that slim 1 % chance that you could get pregnant. or if you are missing multiple pills, then your chances increase. you can take a test about 2-3 weeks after last having sex and that should be pretty accurate.

good luck.
clementius

Postby chavatangakwunua » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes, you should take a pregnancy test. The EPT advertises that it can tell before your missed period. (I think any brand will do.) With both of my pregnancies I cramped like my period was trying to start but it just didn't come, I tested with a Dollar Tree test for my second baby and it was right on point. I was only 4 weeks pregnant too! My breasts didn't start to hurt until later but everyone is different. If you don't start your cycle on time then I would definitely get a pregnancy test! Good luck!
chavatangakwunua

Postby chavatangakwunua » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 pm

That's why you should never have unprotected sex, even on birth control meds.
chavatangakwunua

Return to Health & Medical Insurance