Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can I Registed A Car In Virginia While My License Is Suspended?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby Christie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:45 pm

You are not required to have a driver's license to own or register a vehicle,

VA requires insurance or the payment of an uninsured motorist fee

"The Virginia Uninsured Motor Vehicle (UMV) fee allows a motor vehicle owner to register an uninsured motor vehicle. At the time of registration, the motor vehicle owner must certify whether the vehicle is insured or uninsured.

If the vehicle is uninsured, the motor vehicle owner is required to pay to DMV a $500 uninsured motor vehicle fee in addition to normal registration fees. Payment of the $500 fee does not provide the motorist with any insurance coverage. If involved in an accident, the uninsured motorist remains personally liable. This fee is valid for twelve months but may be prorated for a shorter amount of time.

Motor vehicle owners who falsely certify that they have insurance and are found by DMV to be uninsured face stiff penalties. In addition to facing suspension of all driver and registration privileges, compliance includes payment of a $500 statutory fee, a $85 reinstatement fee and filing proof of insurance for three years. During the three-year period, insurance companies cooperate with DMV by providing notification if a policy is canceled. This requirement to maintain proof of insurance enables DMV to ensure that these motor vehicle owners maintain liability insurance on their registered vehicles. " http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citize...

You may be able to list another driver and get insurance for less than the $500 fee, check with an insurance agent.
Christie

Postby raphael » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 pm

My sister had an identical challenge, although plenty worse. They made her bypass get a license and then placed factors against it. She certainly had an somewhat severe twist of destiny and destroyed some government sources and ended up with a miles less severe penalty than I did for a rushing value ticket, jointly as having a valid license. No, you will no longer bypass to detention center, yet once you do get a license it is going to probable have factors against it. factors extra up could reason you to lose your license and any factors on your checklist reason assurance to be greater and at 18 it fairly is going to be a splash painful. For a minor offense including this in case you get your license they could assist you to bypass with a scolding, having already corrected the fact which you probably did no longer have a license. No ensures yet i think of it may coach you recognize what you probably did grow to be incorrect and you made an attempt to appropriate it. solid luck and, jointly as i'm particular it would not could be suggested, please do no longer rigidity lower back till you do have a license.
raphael

Postby Andreas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 am

Andreas

Return to Insurance Agents