Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can I Move To England At 18?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Malloy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 pm

OK, when i turn 18, I would like to move to England. I have a British passport, so i shouldn't have to worry bout visas or anything right?

Ok so what i need to know is, is it possible to live there on my own? Can i get a job that pays enough to survive? I would like to continue my education (only have O-levels), would that be an option? What city would be the best in terms of pricing, job opportunities, not getting stabbed in the street etc. And if theres anything extra i need to know, (like do i have to get life insurance or something) please let me know. Thank you.
Malloy

Postby Lynd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 am

Legally yes....

But consider the fact that no 18 year old who was born and raised here can afford to move out.

There are no jobs in the UK. None at all. Each available job gets no less than 80 applications right now.

You need to be earning no less than 22K a year (thats what I earn and I can barely afford to live in a tiny 1 bed flat)

And accept that you wont get a job for at least 6 months. Probably longer as you will be looking for unskilled work.

If you want to continue education, go to university.

You can get a student loan and live in halls. Get a job while you live in halls and basically get your foot in the door of UK life.

There are no job opportunities at all in the UK right now
Lynd

Postby holdyn95 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:05 am

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentci...

I see your question comes from the US.........if that is where you are living then any town/city in the UK is safer than any in the US..............

..as you are the one who knows what they want how can anyone advise you about where to live.......

fact

London and South expensive, and over crowed....south coast more space, no jobs, expensive......... which tells you Midlands and North...Wales, Scotland and Northern ireland ( I know you say England, but many have little knowledge of what England is or Britain or the UK and think it is the same)

Housing

rightmove.co.uk or search houses and area on many of the websites there are statistics which tell you what is available in the area, good schools, transports system, police stats etc

Jobs

search jobs and the area you are looking in

Moving in

Local Council to register for CT, local GP to register, local dentist to register, connect services electric, gas, water, broadband, phone and buy a TV license...( local post Office)
holdyn95

Postby Bird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 am

most of the people answering this question are pathetic and are the only reason as to why i would not choose for to stay in England. all of them say "why might you opt for for England over Sweden?" properly i might choose for Sweden over England fullyyt through fact England is crammed with winging wasters who've not something greater advantageous to do than laze around in a tower block in a disadvantaged area of a city and say that England has not something to grant. England is a great place to stay in case you get off your fat backsides and unquestionably do some thing. I stay in a alluring village surrounded by way of forested hills the place all of us have an surprising high quality of life. i would not choose for everywhere else. yet of direction you wingers don't be responsive to that the final public of britain is alluring and rich. that's totally naive of you in case you think of Sweden would not have disadvantaged and undesirable inner city components that are populated by way of wingers such as you lot. Very narrow minded of you all. playstation in answer on your question you do not likely might desire to do something. Sweden and England (as area of the united kingdom) are interior the ecu Union meaning you could flow freely between each and each u . s . a ..
Bird

Postby Adan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 am

yes you can and the best citiy is manchester
Adan

Postby Hotah » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:29 am

You don`t actually say where you will be coming from although i suppose if you already have a British passport then it does not really matter that much.The UK is a very expensive place to live although wages are generally quite high to compensate for this, hopefully you will be able to get yourself a decent job but remember that the UK as well as the rest of the World is in the middle of a recession at the moment and unemployment is rising especially within the public sector.I am not to sure where you will stand regarding your education but going on to university nowadays can be very costly.

In general Northern England and Scotland are the cheapest parts of the UK to live , stay away from London if at all possible as the cost of ldecent living is beyond the means of a lot of people and of course staying away from the major cities is normally safer. Life insurance is not compulsory over here but is always a good idea if you can afford it , as a British passport holder you will be entitled to the benefits of our NHS ( National Health Service ) which provides free health care to everyone no matter how rich or poor you may be
Hotah

Return to Life Insurance