Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can i get my money back through medicaid?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby dwaine48 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:43 pm

I applied and got accepted for Medicaid when I found out I was pregnant. I also got Medicaid for my unborn son, who is now 9 days old. I live in Florida and went to this doctor's office called physicians to women. They accept Medicaid but only accept a very few amount of women in who have it. At the time I also had health insurance through united health care so I used them instead. And my doctors office only accepted one form of insurance. So I ended up paying over 1k for all my doctors appointments for my deductible. Now that I'm not working I could really use that money to help pay for rent. Can I get compensated by Medicaid?
dwaine48

Postby azaria93 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Depends on two factors:

How long ago the expenses were incurred? Some Medicaid plans will go back to pay expenses incurred in the three months before you were approved. However, the other factor is that you would have to have been able to be eligible for medicaid 3 months ago. So if 3 months ago you would have qualified you may be able to be reimbursed. Ask your case worker.
azaria93

Postby gunter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:50 pm

If you had Medicaid and did not use it, they wont compensate you for choosing your other health insurance.
gunter

Return to Health & Medical Insurance