Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can I Get Longterm And Shortterm Disability Insurance From Someplace Else( My School District Offers It Alrea?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Can I Get Longterm And Shortterm Disability Insurance From Someplace Else( My School District Offers It Alrea?

Postby Maughold » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Okay here is the deal.
I am a public school teacher and the district offers long term and short term disability.
I am in my twenties and don't have health issues.
I have insurance with the school system, however I called today to find out more info and i found out its non transferable.
When and if I stop working for the school district, I will lose both insurances.
I want to get insurance through a company not through my school so that lets say when im 40 or however old, and I decide to get another job, I wont lose my policy and have to start from scratch.
I was told that since my employer offers long term and short term disbility that I wont be able to get it through a proviate company.
I hope that is untrue.
SO basically does anyone know of any companies that would give me a policy? I want a good short and long term policy that also covers for mental disabilities (depression etc).
Maughold

Postby Eliyahu » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 am

When you move to a different job, then you can always ask if the new employer offers these two type of insurance. It is what the employers offer you as a benefit, it is not like life insurance, you will not acculmate anything.
It is always base on your salary, and give you the percentage when you are disable.

The only company that I can think of is Aflec.
Eliyahu

Return to Disability Insurance