Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can Cheap Cell Phone Batteries Stop Your Phone From Receiving Texts And Calls?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby Baudier » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 pm

I bought EC Technology 1500mAH Li-ion batteries (via Amazon.com) for my Samsung Exhibit ii 4g about a month ago and have been experiencing a few problems with my phone.
The OEM batteries (including the one that came with the phone) keep expanding after 4-6 months, so I resorted to these generic ones.
The second day that it was in my phone, I noticed when I hit "send" for a text, my text wouldn't appear in the conversation, but the recipient was still receiving them.
A restart fixed this problem, but the following week a new problem was that I could send and see my texts, but I couldn't receive texts or phone calls.
Because I could still use other features in my phone (e.g. use the browser), it seemed like my phone was functioning fine and I just wasn't hearing back from friends or family for a while.
I resorted to calling them and noticed nothing happened after I hit the call button.
I restarted my phone and was finally able to see missing texts and phone calls from hours ago.

These problems began shortly after I got these new batteries, but I'm not sure if they could cause the phone problems beyond power related issues.
If so, could someone recommend batteries other than the OEM batteries which overheat and expand despite using OEM chargers and without being over-charged?
Baudier

Postby Tancred » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:34 am

i think of whomever you limit from calling will additionally be no longer able to text textile you, by way of fact the cellular text textile constructive properties are many times listed by the caller/texter's telephone quantity. What you will possibly desire to to do is limit your calls, yet enable for internet get right of entry to by making use of telephone for a particular messenger provider or mailbox to obtain your messages. that's what I did for my traveling and it worked out great! savour your holiday!
Tancred

Postby loughlin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am

It doesn't have anything to do with the batteries. it's the phone, the problem..
loughlin

Return to Insurance Agents