Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can I cancel my car insurance without penalties?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby art96 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:06 pm

I have a vehicle but I never drive it. I actually live really close to my workplace. So I was wondering if I cancel my insurance and in the future decide to get another car will I be penalized for this? By the way it would be a voluntary cancel.
art96

Postby wahkan37 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:11 pm

if you cancel your insurance you will have to turn your plates in also
wahkan37

Postby seafra » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm

You have vehicle that you never drive? Why in the world did you buy the car in the first place? In any case it is best to sell the car before you cancel the automobile insurance. Things happen to cars even when parked somewhere. Theft, vandalism, house fire, it can be struck by a moving vehicle, etc. etc. Canceling automobile insurance is a daily event and carries no penalties. In summary, next time you may have a question concerning the current automobile insurance it is best to call your insurance agent or company representative. OK? Now, get that car ready and listed for sale. It is just sitting there losing value by the day, week and month. Best of luck.
seafra

Postby terriss » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm

You have vehicle that you never drive? Why in the world did you buy the car in the first place? In any case it is best to sell the car before you cancel the automobile insurance. Things happen to cars even when parked somewhere. Theft, vandalism, house fire, it can be struck by a moving vehicle, etc. etc. Canceling automobile insurance is a daily event and carries no penalties. In summary, next time you may have a question concerning the current automobile insurance it is best to call your insurance agent or company representative. OK? Now, get that car ready and listed for sale. It is just sitting there losing value by the day, week and month. Best of luck.
You need insurance whenever you drive your car, no matter what. Just like the Allstate commercial says, " Driving without insurance is like being asked to be pulled over." Please don't let that happen to you. Buy insurance today to protect yourself and your car.
terriss

Postby uisdean30 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:45 pm

You are required to carry insurance on your vehicles regardless of how frequently you drive them. Keep your insurance or sell the car. If you get pulled over with no insurance, it's a misdemeanor.
uisdean30

Return to Car Insurance