Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Lifetime Pet Insurance?

Insurance for your furry friends

Postby Hewlett » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:30 am

Your breed is what insurance companies call a 'select breed' which means that insurance is expensive when compared to other breeds

for example my dog who is also a 'select breed' at seven years old the insurance premium is £64 per month with an excess for each condition being £105 plus £20% of the bill

There are very few lifetime plans most insurance companies exclude a condition which you have claimed for the following year

Pet Plan are good but they are expensive - an alternative is saving the money in a bank account for your dog

The premium may start off reasonable but will increase every year and there will be a large increase when your dog is seven years old
Hewlett

Postby Ralph » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 am

The only pet insurance that cover a pet for any illness or injury for life is Pet Plan but they are the most expensive. All the others only cover each illness or injury for a certain amount and some for only a year. Morethan, Buddies, amd Marks and spencers cover each illness or injury for a certain amount and all the other for a certain amount for a year
Ralph

Postby Corann » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Take your $40 a month and put it in a special savings account to be used in the event you need it. There are so many terms/conditions, restrictions that it's a rip-off.

If you really want to avoid health problems, check out these sites and read their files sections.

Yahoo Groups Raw Meaty Bones

" " Truth about Vaccines

It's a real eye-opener to see the list of health problems that are actually created by commercial dog food and vaccinations for dogs. This work has been compiled by independent researchers -- not employees of dog food and pharmaceutical companies, so they have no financial incentives in disseminating this information.

When you consider that the life expectancy of the average dog has diminshed by 4 years since the 1960's and conditions like pancreatitis, diabetes, bladder stones, periodontal disease, allergies, leukemia, and cancer are costing people mega-bucks in vet fees and seem to be in epidemic proportions, you have to ask Why?
Corann

Postby Eustatius » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 am

i used to use pet-plan- my vet recommend it- when i got my first dogs, they were £20 each per month... i was then asked to take a 2 1/2 yr old chi (who had been abused) but because of his age, he was going to cost £47 a month and it would not cover any problems relating to his leg (which was broken as a pup).

i then decided against insurance and instead put £20 per dog per month into a separate 'dog account' which i can use for any necessary vet bills!!! its always there when needed and builds up Very fast!

maybe the same would be best for you, but tight budget or not, you'll need to have some sort of vet fund- puppy's are bothersome creatures!!

all the best!
Eustatius

Postby Baldie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Best Lifetime Pet Insurance
Baldie

Postby Daimhin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 pm

I use petplan and they have a covered for life policy which means you can keep claiming for the same illness or injury.
I pay £27 a month for a greyhound.
They've paid up twice for me within about 3-4 weeks of the form going in.
Daimhin

Postby Feldtun » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:03 am

no insurance is life long you have to renew it yearly.you will get a discount buying it online.

I use petplan and pay £10.00 a month which gives my dog £7000 of treatment a year,it doesn't cover you for vaccinations,dental and neutering.

If you look online no insurance covers these things and you still have to pay some towards the cost even when you claim,usually between £50.00-£70.00 each time you claim.

There are loads online,tesco is quite good also.
Feldtun

Postby Bomani » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

the best pet plan on the market is pet plan they are the best my last gsd died of the big c about 2 years ago and it cost us£4000 pounds and they paid up just like that no question ask to me they are great best company on the market
Bomani

Postby Nicolaas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:17 pm

Nicolaas

Postby Finan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 am

yes, Direct line are very good! and do lifetime cover to a max of £6000 and the monthly payments are alot cheaper than others I have found!

Good Luck.
Finan

Return to Pet Insurance