Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I'm buying my first house, how much is home insurance?

Home & Contents Insurance Discussion

Postby cahir » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 pm

I know it's a good idea in case of a fire or anything! I am planning on buying a mobile home in a really nice park for about 30,000. I can always rent it out later when I buy a real house... But I want to know how much it will cost, about, to get insurance!
cahir

Postby zilar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Depends on your type of policy
Cheapest is 500 and just covers your outstanding loan in case of fire.
spend more such as 1000 and it pays outstanding loan and leaves you some cash to buy a new trailer.
Most expensive, 1500, is full replacement value and it replaces everything including furnishings.
Ask the Trailer park what they require
zilar

Postby emmet » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Plan on about $100 a month to be safe.
emmet

Postby margit » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Only you are able to answer the question.

There is the basic replacement policy that would cover the replacement in the event of fire.This policy would be based on the square footage of the house, the nearness to a fire station and fire hydrant. It would also depend on the material the house if built out of.

You could add flood coverage which would cost an additional amount for the upgrade.

You could also add contents wish would be another cost, this would cover anything in the house, with the insurance company paying for the value of your personal effects or items.

If you are obtaining a loan to purchase the mobile home then the lender would only request a replacement policy. Any additional coverage would be up to you to purchase.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"
margit

Postby wetherly » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Only you are able to answer the question.

There is the basic replacement policy that would cover the replacement in the event of fire.This policy would be based on the square footage of the house, the nearness to a fire station and fire hydrant. It would also depend on the material the house if built out of.

You could add flood coverage which would cost an additional amount for the upgrade.

You could also add contents wish would be another cost, this would cover anything in the house, with the insurance company paying for the value of your personal effects or items.

If you are obtaining a loan to purchase the mobile home then the lender would only request a replacement policy. Any additional coverage would be up to you to purchase.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"
You need to make some phone calls to get a quote. First of all not all insurance companies insure mobile homes and then those that do often only insure double wides and there is a limit on how old they can be to be insurable. If you don't know where to start call the mobile home park and ask them for some phone numbers.
wetherly

Postby margit » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Home insurance is a great idea to protect your home. As a New York homeowners insurance company we offer a variety of policies for homeowners. A good idea would be to shop around and get quotes from companies to find the lowest price for the coverage you want. You can learn more about our home insurance if you're in New York at http://www.useadmiral.com
margit

Postby dermot » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:53 pm

2893284 dollars
dermot

Postby meng86 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Depends location of trailer.
age /construction of unit.
contact local insurance agents for solid answer.
meng86

Postby megedagik » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I only pay about $650 a yr for a $150,000 house, so I can't imagine it will be any more than $2-300/yr
megedagik

Return to Home Insurance