Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I'm 19, But How Do I Go To The Ob/gyn On My Parents Insurance Without Them Finding Out?

General Insurance discussions and general chat

I'm 19, But How Do I Go To The Ob/gyn On My Parents Insurance Without Them Finding Out?

Postby Harlake » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:19 am

I need to switch from a pediatrician to an ob gyn or general physician but I'm not close enough with my parents to tell them I need to switch. I have issues with my "monthly gift" and have nobody to tell since I live with my dad and brother and have nobody else to tell. I'm very shy about personal things like this and don't want my dad to know I need to get help. I guess my question is, where do I go and how to I go without them knowing. Thanks.
Harlake

Postby Cristoforo » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 am

It is totally normal to switch from a pediatrician to a GP at this age. I am 20 and switched last year. It's really no big deal. If I were you, I would just tell my dad that my pediatrician said I should start seeing an OB/GYN and a general practitioner for older adults. When you get to age 18, you start having problems that a pediatrician can't deal with. You will need a GP and an ob/gyn (they are different things and you will need two different doctors). There is no other way to do this without your parents knowing unless you go to planned parenthood, which is also an option. Good luck.
Cristoforo

Return to General Insurance Questions