Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Renters Insurance for College Students

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

A burning sensation in my lower back and left side?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby magnus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:43 am

every once i a while, like every few weeks (or sometimes a few times a week) i get a very intense burning pain in my left lower side that spreads to my lower back and even under my tummy on the left side. it hurts so bad, but only for like a minute or two and goes away. it shows up randomly, whether i'm laying down watching tv, while i'm sleeping, or walking, etc. there seems to be no correlation between the pains and what i eat or what i did that day. it's completely random. it's definitely not period cramps, i know the difference lol. i'm in my twenties and have never been pregnant or had any health problems. this has been going on for like two or three years, i've gone to the doctor for it but they never know what it is and i don't have health insurance to go to a better one. anyone ever had this? or know what it could be?
magnus

Postby emmet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:48 am

Kidney problems from diabetes? Avoid sugar. Get tested
emmet

Postby fergusson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:52 am

Depending on my knowledge,the health issue is best asking the advice from the doctor.
fergusson

Postby dermot » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:53 am

You have tight muscles in your back which usually isn't a problem, but every once in a while your spine is catching the muscle to pinch it to cause the pains you are having. Because it's caused by the spine pinching the muscles there would be nothing to correlate it to except for body movements, ones that can cause the muscle to get pinched and even that won't happen every time. To get rid of the pain you have to free up your back muscles to get them released so they can't be pinched and here's how to free them up:
Back:
(do while sitting)
Place your left hand on your left leg next to your body. Place your right hand over your left shoulder, fingers over the back and the palm in the front and firmly pull down on them and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your body forward and to the outside of your left leg, keeping your left arm fairly straight as you do. When you reach your lap remain there for another 10 seconds, release the pressure but rest there for another 30 seconds. Then reverse your hand positions and do your right side.
For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.
dermot

Return to Health & Medical Insurance