Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Broken Wrist

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Broken Wrist

Postby Erhard » Sat May 07, 2016 6:37 am

7/15/05 fell on broken NYC sidewalk.Contacted a lawyer after I had to have sugery-had to have plate put in my wrist & pin but pin was removed afterwards.My job is a merchandiser was out of work 3months & in ot for 5 months.I like my attoneys but I thought this should have been over.What is a good settlement for this type of injury.
Erhard

Broken Wrist

Postby Mayir » Sat May 07, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi Katie, there are numerous variables to consider before attempting to place an exact dollar amount upon such a serious injury.  Are both the City of N.Y. and the property owner named in the suit?  How much limitation of range of motion do you have? What is the degree of permanence?  How long did the broken sidewalk condition exist?  Were you carrying anything when the event occured?  Were you wearing high heeled shoes?  Do you see where I am coming from?  Your best bet for finding out an approximate figure of the valus of the case would be to look at past issues of "The Jury Verdict Reporter".  Bear in mind that in a "trip & fall" accident there is always some percentage of presumed negligence on the part of the victim.  Depending upon your future limitations and pain and your age I would hazard a guess of around $250K to $325K should settle a case such as this but this is only a guestimate.
Mayir

Broken Wrist

Postby Arun » Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 pm

7/15/05 fell on broken NYC sidewalk.Contacted a lawyer after I had to have sugery-had to have plate put in my wrist & pin but pin was removed afterwards.My job is a merchandiser was out of work 3months & in ot for 5 months.I like my attoneys but I thought this should have been over.What is a good settlement for this type of injury.
Arun

Return to Disability Insurance