Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

In British Pounds How Much Do Papillon Puppies Cost?

Insurance for your furry friends

Postby birke26 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm getting a Papillon Male Puppy Soon and I really want to know how much they cost in British pounds, it would be great if all of you could tell me how much they really cost :) And also can you please tell me good pet shops that sale Papillon puppies in the UK.
birke26

Postby cranstun35 » Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:32 am

No reputable UK pet shop will sell puppies - the days when you would go to a shop to buy a dog are long gone in the UK.

If you want to buy a pedigree puppy, you should do your research first. Go to the Kennel Club website and search for Papillon breeders. Only those breeders recommended by the Kennel Club will be listed. You might be able to find out the average cost of a puppy there too. But as an estimate, I would say you could expect to pay about £400 for a male puppy and £450 to £500 for a female puppy (more if you want to buy one from a top breeder who has championship dogs).

If that scares you, why not investigate the breed rescue societies - there are sure to be Papillons who need a new home. You should expect to pay around £80 to £100 to rehome a rescue dog from such a society (though be prepared to undergo a home check first).

Looking after any dog properly (that is, food, toys, yearly vet's bills, etc) will cost anything from £500 to £1,500 a year dependent on the size of your dog (a large breed dog obviously eats more and will cost more at the vet's), provided your dog remains healthy. If your dog develops a life-long condition (such as eczema or epilepsy), you can end up paying thousands each year, unless you are lucky enough to have pet insurance. It's not for the faint-hearted!
cranstun35

Postby beaven » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 am

I'm getting a Papillon Male Puppy Soon and I really want to know how much they cost in British pounds, it would be great if all of you could tell me how much they really cost :) And also can you please tell me good pet shops that sale Papillon puppies in the UK.
beaven

Return to Pet Insurance