Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Boyfriend hides my car keys what can i do?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

Postby otaktay43 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:38 pm

I live with my boyfriend and our almost 2 year old daughter. He works while i am at home and do college online. He pays he bills, gas, car insurance, and little repairs to the car when needed. The car is in my grandmothers name who bought the car for me back in jan 2009. He is very controlling I never go anywhre without him and when we get home he takes the keys out of the egnition right away he even puts it in park to take them before me. He has been hiding them like this for at least 1 year. his reason is that he doesnt want me to cheat on him or that while he is working i shouldnt be able to have fun and ride around while he is working his butt off. I thought of one day sending the police to his work to get my keys but i dont think they do that kind of thing even if i claimed he stole them
otaktay43

Postby sketes » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Get a better boyfriend.

But seriously, if you have to ask this, you are a lost cause. Throw your sorry body off the Talahatchee Bridge.
sketes

Postby ciarrai85 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:45 pm

The police will get your keys for you. But really you should have the police come to your house instead to be there with you while you move you and your daughter out. This is not a good example to your daughter to be so controlled the way you are. Heck, you can't even drive her to the park. Girl, you need to dump him right on his head.
ciarrai85

Postby devisser » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 pm

sounds like you just need to leave this guy.to me it doesnt sound like he loves you.he is treating you more like his property than a girlfriend.if he cared for you and loved you he wouldnt do this to you.if you were my daughter i think he and i would have a nice long talk.
devisser

Postby heath50 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:54 pm

No matter how you look at it, this is abuaive. It may be difficult but you need to leave this guy. I'm sorry you are going through this. Leave while you can.
heath50

Postby camille » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 pm

That does sound controlling, if ur not scared ask for them, and i would suggest calling ur friend/mom/gma or whoever ur close 2 and asking them for advice
camille

Postby keeley » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh but they will...but before that, you need to move out and dump this control freak - because things will only get worse -much, much worse.
keeley

Postby druson » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:11 pm

You need to pick up your daughter and all your belongings and leave this loser. He is a controlling freak. Go to the closest women's shelter and explain the situation with the car and they should be able to advise you what to do. They will also assist you in getting your own place, etc. The car belongs to your grandmother, if he will not allow you to take the car, she can report it stolen to the police. This guy is going to end up hurting you or your child......or worse. You don't need him and you will survive without him. If he truly loved you, he would trust you and allow you the freedom to do what you wished when he was not around. Get away from him now!
druson

Return to Car Insurance