Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Bought a non-refundable Greyhound ticket but need to cancel trip due to family emergency. I need a refund?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Bought a non-refundable Greyhound ticket but need to cancel trip due to family emergency. I need a refund?

Postby demasone » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I bought a ticket for a trip to see a sick family member in Cleveland but due to complications in his disease he passed away. Now I'm left with a non-refundable ticket (which was $150 cause I'm traveling from Boston. I desperately need a refund or I won't be able to afford to go to the funeral which is in Puerto Rico. Can I get a refund by telling Greyhound my situation?
No. Non-fundable is pretty clear. There are refundable tickets at a higher price. Unfortunately, you took a risk by buying the cheaper non refundable tickets and not having travel insurance which would have covered your cost. You can always call Greyhound and ask, but don't expect a refund.
demasone

Postby royall55 » Sun Oct 23, 1994 7:53 am

Go on their website and read their return policy. Find the number of the President of the Company and tell them the emergency. If you get no satisfaction contact Clark Howard's call in helpers to ferry you through the process of getting a refund.
royall55

Postby ferdinando17 » Sun May 04, 2008 5:21 am

see where it says NON refundable?
ferdinando17

Postby camshron32 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:40 am

Nonrefundable means no refund, try and sell it non craigslist.com
camshron32

Postby caolabhuinn40 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:38 am

I bought a ticket for a trip to see a sick family member in Cleveland but due to complications in his disease he passed away. Now I'm left with a non-refundable ticket (which was $150 cause I'm traveling from Boston. I desperately need a refund or I won't be able to afford to go to the funeral which is in Puerto Rico. Can I get a refund by telling Greyhound my situation?
caolabhuinn40

Return to Travel Insurance