Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Blood draw nerve damage?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Blood draw nerve damage?

Postby brycen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

i got my blood drawn on thursday at a free clinic and a few seconds after he put in the needle i felt a very sharp and sudden pain shoot up my arm. but didnt think much of it because the pain didnt last long. the next day i was fine but when i took a shower at night my arm started to hurt when i tried to bend my arm. and then it started get worse. my right arm is numb, i feel tingling sensations, cant bend, weakness in arm, can barely move fingers, feels like my arm is asleep, and it just feels very weird.. on the outside, there is nothing different (no swelling or huge bruise). just maybe a little bit green around the needle point. i thought that my arm would get better but its not.. i have no health insurance and am pretty poor. and i dont know what to do.. and now my arm feels like its getting ripped off. sort of like the feeling of when you try and pull a finger. should i go back to that same clinic? what should i do??
brycen

Blood draw nerve damage?

Postby baldwinn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:37 pm

consider talking to a lawyer, may be malpractice?
baldwinn

Blood draw nerve damage?

Postby berkley » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:39 pm

It may just be bruising. Give it a few more days to see if things improve I think you will find it will settle down.
berkley

Blood draw nerve damage?

Postby vsneych » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Try a dose of a herbal homeopathic remedy called Hypericum 30c and see if that helps. Hypericum is known to help in such damage to nerves and jut might help you as well
vsneych

Return to Health & Medical Insurance