Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Black People In Commercials?

General Insurance discussions and general chat

Postby Caldre » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 pm

I can't help but feel that black people are purposely put into commercials for the sole purpose of them being black, on some kind of politically correct, over-done equality tip.

I'm speaking more for Britain rather than the US, I feel as if so called "multiracial diversity" *cough*cough* is being pushed in our faces, it seems every car insurance commercial or every product advertisement features a black person one way of another.

And with the population of Britain being close to 90% white, it is against the odds to say it is a coincidence that every commercial passively hired a black person, producers are clearly going out of their way to specifically put a black person into their commercials.

Also, in commercials advertising things such as car safety, or anti-fraud, the criminal will always be a white man, which is somewhat contradicting considering that crime rates in most countries, and especially in the UK, are highest in black communities.

Political correctness is out of hand, fraudulent and wrong.

Anybody else feel this to be true?
Caldre

Postby Aodhgan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:35 pm

yeah it's pretty funy. THe UK is very liberal, just like America, Im sorry
Aodhgan

Postby Heort » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:36 am

Its the same in America. The only difference is more often then not the white guy plays the fool to the other nationality. I have also observed traditional role models like fathers are always portrayed as dumber than moms.
Heort

Postby Fitzadam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Companies put different races and nationalities in their commercial to try and appeal to them. Companies are all about money and appealing to a broader base is in their best interest.

As for crime what about crimes such as fraud and embezzling? Who are the major contributors to that?

Ppl tend to overlook white collar crimes when doling out that "higher crime rate" stat.

Oh and not sure if you have "To Catch A Predator" over there but most of the men caught on that show aren't black.
Fitzadam

Postby Upton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:06 pm

I understand what you mean. Either way, it's going to cause a fuss. But, there is less of fuss when you make things politically correct especially in the age of discrimination lawsuits.
Upton

Return to General Insurance Questions