Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Are Insurance Claims Public Record?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

Postby MacNicol » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:33 pm

I own a small business and somebody is trying to sue me for damages made while providing service in their home. I did not do anything, and it seems that this people are hiring carpet cleaners, house cleaners, painters,etc and they suing this companies for damages.They remodeled their home this way because in the past insurances paid for the claims.My insurance did not and now I am being sued.I am wondering if there is a way to get record for filed insurance claims so I can prove that this people are doing this just to remodel their home for free? I don't know which companies they sued.Please help!
MacNicol

Postby Fullere » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:35 pm

If you didn't do any damage then WHY you filed the insurance claim on the first place? Or were you trying to defraud the insurance company?

When you filed the claim you admitted you were at fault.
Fullere

Postby Wolfe » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Insurance claims are not part of the public record.

But, there is a national database which produces a report called The CLUE Report.

The CLUE report is an insurance scoring system which insurance companies use to evaluate risk of applicants. How likely is an applicant to file a claim against the insurance company? Insurers provide information about claims they have paid and sometimes even inquiries about coverage that do not result in a claim.

The database has information about your insurance score. Insurers use the profile to decide whether they will renew your coverage. At renewal time, the insurance company may review your claims history and current insurance score to determine your insurance premiums or even to determine if they should keep you as a policy holder.

When you apply for new insurance, the insurance company can order a CLUE report to evaluate you as a good/bad risk.
Wolfe

Return to Business Insurance