Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Are My Anxiety Issues Worth Going To The Doctor About?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Postby Tomos » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:09 am

I'm an 18 year old girl, and my anxiety issues are starting to affect my life. I want them gone, but but i don't want to act like one of those whiny kids who make their life troubles seem like such a big deal. I've had trichotillomania for a while now, since i was 14 and it's never been too horrible. I've gotten stressed lately because i'm failing my classes in college and the front of my hair has become considerably thinner and making me feel like ****. I also used to have an eating disorder, but now I binge eat which makes me feel like ****, which makes me pull my hair out. I've only made my self throw up once, but im now incrediably uncomfortable with my weight. I went from weighing 84 pounds and 5 foot 3 to weighing 130 in 2 years. you can imaging it feels like ****. i dont where any pants beside yoga pant cause i feel like a baloon in jeans and all my cute clothes dont fit anymore and i don't want to remain this size so i don't want to buy clothes in this size. i've also have been having panic attacks where i freak out about my breathing and hypervenelate. sunday i had to go to the hospital cause my dad thought i was dying haha. anyway all this is making me put my classes on a back burner cause I just don't care that much about them anymore. Nothing really tramatic has happened to me recently and i feel like i am not justified in acting like this. it's absolutely rediculous in my mind. do you think i should see a doctor or am i just working this up in my head?
Tomos

Postby Darrence » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Go see a doctor--the sooner the better.
Darrence

Postby Wada » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:39 am

that ought to count on the form of surgeon which you would be seeing. If this is a psychiatrist, then sure, you will maximum possibly be getting a prescription. i do in comparison to psychiatrists purely for that reason, yet you may bypass to somebody that easily cares what happens to you. they desire to get as many people in and out as they are able to, so as that they are going to supply you in spite of the fact that anti-rigidity med that pops into their head. Psychologists will communicate over with you, ask approximately your problems and what's been happening, why you're there, and so on. After speaking to you they're going to diagnose you or no longer and propose you to a psychiatrist in the event that they have self belief that a drugs can help you. in the experience that your rigidity is affecting your each and everyday life then you could attempt some form of drugs to easily right it. while you're uncomfortable with a drugs you could continuously time table wide-unfold conferences with the psychologist to communicate out your problems and that would help you lots. while you're only happening your wide-unfold kin surgeon he might pay attention to what your problems are and propose a psychologist or psychiatrist so which you could work out that could formally diagnose you or each each now and then they're going to easily prescirbe you some thing off the cuff, it easily relies upon on the surgeon which you notice.
Wada

Postby Styrr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 am

Yes go to a doctor, those are classic symptoms of depression/anxiety. Specifically you should seek out a good psychologist. It helps to talk to someone who is trained In that field. It will get better.
Styrr

Postby Maughold » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:40 pm

Try yoga and deep breathing exercises.
Maughold

Postby Suidhne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:11 am

Please see your doctor. I had anxiety to the worst possible extent that I couldn't leave the house without throwing up or passing out. Anti-anxiety's are wonderful, there are also difference techniques but for you, I really recommend seeing your doctor.
Suidhne

Postby CarIes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 am

To be honest if i were you i would go see a doctor. They could seriously help you and your life. With the eating disorder i believe if your eating the right amount your weight is fine i really do think you should see a doctor tho because it could seriously help woth your education and you wont have to affect your life.

~hope i helped~
CarIes

Return to Disability Insurance