Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Anyone Have Any Feedback On The University Of Florida?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby Aldous » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Seems like a great school and my son was accepted for his preferred major. Campus looks great and reviews by former students on the quality of the education seem good. My concern is the administration. We are only days away from the deposit deadline and we still haven't received the acceptance/financial aid information. I contacted them by phone and left several messages. When I finally heard back from someone, they requested I submit a document they needed BY SNAIL MAIL. I mean it's 2013 and a school as big as USF doesn't accept e-mail or fax?? Makes me a bit concerned.

They see very lackadaisical and I would hate to have my son move several states away to attend USF and then have issues with their administration.

Any feedback would be helpful.
Aldous

Postby Tanner » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Great College!
Tanner

Postby Clyve » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Imagine that they need just one more document from each of 10,000 applicants.
That is 20,000 sheets of paper (assuming a single page document and a cover page).
That is money, that is employee time keeping the machines full of paper, time going through emails and printing attachments, time sorting through all of the sheets, and the real chance of getting things messed up.
If it comes in an envelope, it stays together and doesn't cost the university for paper and toner.
It isn't just your son, it is thousands of sons and daughters.
And, for emails, the real possibility of a computer virus from one of those attachments.

And are you talking about UF or USF because you mentioned both.
Clyve

Return to Insurance Agents