Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Im 17 And Got Pulled Over What Will Happen?

Home & Contents Insurance Discussion

Im 17 And Got Pulled Over What Will Happen?

Postby TerHeide » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 am

i just got my license about 3 weeks ago in the state of New Jersey and I was pulling out of a gas station and the cop stopped in the middle of the road, it was dark and i couldn't see inside of his car, i assumed that he was letting me go in front of him, the second i got in front of him he turned on his lights and pulled me over. he asked for my license and registration and i was really nervous since it was my first time being pulled over ever and it wasn't my car so it took a while for me to find it. anyway , he asked if i was alright and told me to get out of the car, he asked if i was on drugs because i was so nervous, i said no officer but he didn't seem to believe me so he asked my friends in the car and they told him exactly what i said. he then came and told me that i has no red stickers on the license plate and 2 others in the car (which is against the law on your probationary license) also he told me that i had overdue insurance but it wasn't my car it was my moms and when i went home she said it was payed. the cop then told me that he would i quote exactly "we'll send you some tickets in the mail" not referring to what they would be. He also claimed that i almost hit him coming out of the gas station and he never told me what he initially pulled me over for. what will happen? will i have to go to court ? and how much will i have to pay in tickets if they are sent to me?
TerHeide

Return to Home Insurance