Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

3 accidents in 2 years, now my car insurance cost about $1400 a year. Is this too much?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

3 accidents in 2 years, now my car insurance cost about $1400 a year. Is this too much?

Postby swinton » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 am

Last year, I was hit at the back on a highway. This year, my car accidentally caused a minor crash to another car due to the wind blows while in the parking lot. The following day, my car was hit on the highway by another driver who is uninsured. It is totalled. Recently, I just bought a new Mazda 3 i Touring. The car insurance costs me $1400 a year with Allstate. I have searched around but couldn't find better rate. Actually, 21st Century does offer lower rate, but I doubt their reliability. Help!

I'm not a bad driver, just happened to have lot of bad lucks. All three incidents were not my fault.
swinton

Postby branduff » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 am

If those accidents were not your fault then they will not affect your rate. Your rate depends on your state, age, year of vehicle and coverage. I'm 24 and pay about $1200 every 6 months, but it's for 2 cars and one is a 2010.

21st Century was recently bought out by Farmers Insurance, you don't have to worry about them going under anytime soon, give them a try
branduff

Postby hayym » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:50 am

If those accidents were not your fault then they will not affect your rate. Your rate depends on your state, age, year of vehicle and coverage. I'm 24 and pay about $1200 every 6 months, but it's for 2 cars and one is a 2010.

21st Century was recently bought out by Farmers Insurance, you don't have to worry about them going under anytime soon, give them a try
i think its cheap/no real diff on any regular costs/full coverage is always more
hayym

Postby nik » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

You must have bought a bad car.. I mean the rear ender into you is not your fault but the driver from the rear.
However it seems your car has a vandetta as it goes out and strikes another car due to the "wind blows"??What ever that means. Where were you? Why did you not stop the car from going out and striking another car?

Then you car was hit by another driver who is uninsured.

Well, you know how it goes - three times lucky and the next time will be the death(or severe crippling) of you , and you know how it is "vegetables cannot drive".

So while it may not be your fault, it may have more do with your style of driving. Overly agressive, a speeder, just somebody who drives blindfolded, or you drive without common sense...
Maybe the neighborhoods you frequent and the time of day
I mean a high speed crash is almost expected if you were driving a race car on a race track.
Or total destruction is expected if you drive in a "Demolition Derby"

You pick your poison.
nik

Return to Car Insurance